Brinjals - 1/2kg,
Turmeric pwd - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 2tsp
Salt to taste
For Roast and make a fine powder:
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Coriander seeds - 1 1/2 tsp
Roasted chana dal - 3 tsp
Dry red chillies - 3
Fenugreek seeds/methi - 1/4 tsp
Sesame seeds - 1 tsp
Oil- 1 tsp
Dry red chillis - 2
1) Take brinjals, wash and cut into quarters
2) Heat a tsp of oil in a pan. Add the methi seeds and chana dal fry for 1 mt, Add cumin,
coriander and red chillis and stir fry on low to medium heat for 4 mts or till the dals turn red, add sesame seeds and roast for 1 mt. Remove and Cool and grind all the roasted ingredients to a fine pwd.
3) Heat a tbsp of oil in a cooking vessel, add the mustard seeds and let them pop. Add curry leaves, dry red chillis toss about for 10 seconds.
4) Add the quartered brinjals and stir fry them till they are three-fourth cooked. Constantly stir fry to ensure they don’t burn or stick to the pan. Add turmeric pwd.
5) Add the ground powder to the sauteed brinjals and saute for 10 mts or till the brinjals have cooked completely and turned soft.
6) Add salt to taste and serve with hot rice.